In episode 423, astrologers Nick Dagan Best and Chris Brennan discuss some of the most stunning examples where a solar or lunar eclipse coincided with a pivotal or momentous event in world history, leading us to unravel the profound implications of eclipses in astrology.
The purpose of the episode was to compile a list of the top 20 or so examples of when a major event in history happened to take place within days of a solar or lunar eclipse.
By studying what eclipses have coincided with in the past, we can learn a lot about what eclipses actually mean in astrology, and from this we can better understand how they can be used to predict the future.
We begin the episode with a brief introduction to the astronomy of eclipses, and then discuss how solar and lunar eclipses were traditionally viewed as negative omens in ancient times, whereas in modern times they tend to be viewed as representing great endings and beginnings.
Early on we also discuss how eclipses were viewed in ancient Mesopotamia, and how the astrological tradition itself may have first started to develop as a result of a series of eclipse that coincided with the death of three kings.
Following that, we dedicate the remainder of the episode to exploring a curated collection of examples where eclipses align with significant historical turning points. Through this extensive analysis, we illustrate that eclipses have not only been present during numerous pivotal moments in history, but persist in coinciding with crucial inflection points in contemporary global events as well.
The Dagan Astrology Database
Nick has released his downloadable 20,000 astrology chart database to the public!
The research presented in this episode was made possible by the support of patrons!
Support our work and get access to bonus content by becoming a patron through our page on Patreon:
- 00:00:00 Introduction
- 00:03:28 Astronomy of Eclipses
- 00:06:25 Eclipses in the Zodiac
- 00:09:30 Operative Range of Eclipse Effect
- 00:12:20 Meaning of Eclipses in the Astrological Tradition
- 00:17:42 Eclipses in the Ancient Mesopotamian Tradition
- 00:27:33 Examples of Eclipses in History Section Begins in Full
- 00:27:45 Birth, Ascension, and Death of Kings
- 00:43:02 Premature Demise of Leaders
- 00:56:46 Births of Presidents and Kings
- 01:03:03 British Royal Family
- 01:22:04 Dagan Astrology Database
- 01:26:56 Eclipses as Omens of Disasters and Negative Events
- 01:52:51 Stock Market Crashes and Peaks
- 02:01:02 Positive Turning Points in Human History
- 02:17:15 Progress in Civil Rights Movements
- 02:42:30 Conclusions and Resources for Research
- 03:00:45 Credits and End Cards
Watch the Video Version of This Episode
Watch the video version of this episode eclipses and major historical events:
A full transcript of this episode is available: Episode 423 transcript
Listen to the Audio Version of This Episode
Listen to the audio version of this episode or download it as an MP3: