In episode 422 astrologer Helena Woods joins the podcast to talk about astrocartography, which is the astrology of travel and relocation, and can be used to find the best places to live.
Astrocartography was developed in the 1970s by the astrologer Jim Lewis, and since that time it has become a popular application of the astrology that is used to study how your location in different parts of the world can emphasize different parts of your birth chart.
Astrocartography is an extension of relocational astrology, where the birth chart is recalculated for different locations on Earth, and it uses an innovative graphic imaging approach in order to visualize the planetary lines of power across the globe.
During the course of the episode we give an introduction to astrocartography and an overview of how it works, and also discuss some chart examples to demonstrate how it can be used in practice.
Helena specializes in astrocartography, and has a popular YouTube channel where she talks about it and shares vlogs of her travels around the world.
Find more about Helena’s work on her website:
This episode is available in both audio and video versions below.
- 00:00:00 Introduction
- 00:01:01 Overview of astrocartography
- 00:03:30 Helena Woods’ background
- 00:06:23 Jim Lewis: founder of astrocartography
- 00:09:35 Chris’ relocated birth chart
- 00:21:07 Astrocartography and transits
- 00:24:07 Helena’s relocated birth chart
- 00:38:48 Mars lines and US presidents
- 00:42:00 Chris’ Neptune line
- 00:44:32 Why Chris is a fan of astrocartography
- 00:45:32 Paran lines
- 00:47:42 Chiron
- 00:50:59 Kim Kardashian
- 00:56:42 Hillary Clinton
- 00:58:27 Olivia Rodrigo
- 01:00:56 Donald Trump
- 01:01:43 Zelda Fitzgerald
- 01:04:25 F. Scott Fitzgerald
- 01:06:27 Walt Disney
- 01:12:06 The four angles in astrocartography
- 01:14:36 Saturn on the angles
- 01:18:34 Neptune on the angles
- 01:19:17 Uranus on the angles
- 01:20:35 Aspects, sect, and dignities
- 01:23:25 Misconceptions of astrocartography
- 01:28:08 Astrocartography trademark
- 01:30:30 Cyclocartography
- 01:34:34 How Helena works with clients
- 01:38:43 Recommended software
- 01:42:00 Local space lines
- 01:45:09 Carl Jung
- 01:47:47 Shadowed planets
- 01:50:13 Astrocartography’s impact on quality of life
- 01:58:18 End cards
Watch the Video Version of This Episode
Watch the video version of this episode on astrocartography:
A full transcript of this episode is available: Episode 422 transcript
Listen to the Audio Version of This Episode
Listen to the audio version of this episode or download it as an MP3: