In episode 361 astrologer Nick Dagan Best joins Chris Brennan in the studio to talk about the application of astrology to study different generational cohorts of people, using slow moving planetary cycles.
During the course of the episode we talk about ways that astrologers use slower moving outer planets to demarcate entire generations of people, such as Pluto’s multi-decade long transits through the signs of the zodiac.
We also get into other outer planets, such as Uranus and Neptune, and how their aspects or configurations with each other can change and help characterize entire generations of people.
Later we touch on how there are even some inner planet cycles that shift slowly over the course of generations, such as the Venus retrograde cycle which takes decades to slowly drift from one sign to the next.
For more information about Nick visit his website:
This episode is available in both audio and video versions below.
Timestamps for when we talk about different topics in the episode:
- 00:00:00 Intro
- 00:01:33 Baby Boomers
- 00:07:38 Pluto in Leo
- 00:11:40 Outer planets cycles and generations
- 00:14:08 Star Wars and Pluto and Uranus in Virgo
- 00:19:04 Baby Boomers having their own movies and music
- 00:20:15 Generations experiencing outer planet transits
- 00:21:48 Early 1990’s cultural shift
- 00:25:25 Pluto moving through the signs since 1914
- 00:26:45 Neptune moving through the signs since WW1
- 00:29:59 Outer planet aspects with each other
- 00:33:30 Events during the discovery of the three outer planets
- 00:44:49 Generations experiencing sequences of transits
- 00:53:00 Time frames for Gen X, Millennial, and Gen Z
- 00:57:07 Differences in outer planet transits in 1800’s vs. modern times
- 01:03:19 Retrogrades
- 01:05:43 Mars transits in day charts
- 01:09:40 Micro generations and Uranus
- 01:10:46 Uranus in Virgo
- 01:11:53 Uranus in Leo
- 01:12:45 Uranus in Libra
- 01:15:30 Pluto-Saturn conjunction
- 01:21:50 Prediction and working with clients
- 01:33:43 Outer planet cycles in history
- 01:37:52 Jupiter-Saturn cycles
- 01:40:41 Demographic vs. astrological generations
- 01:47:06 How to learn mundane astrology
- 01:52:08 Nick’s work and website
- 01:53:13 Patrons and sponsors
Watch the Video Version of This Episode
Watch the video version of this astrology chat with Nick Dagan Best:
A full transcript of this episode is available: Episode 361 transcript
Listen to the Audio Version of This Episode
You can play the audio version of this episode of the podcast directly from the website or download it as an MP3 to your device by using the buttons below: