In episode 203 astrologers Kelly Surtees, Austin Coppock, and Chris Brennan present the astrological forecast for May of 2019.
May features a New Moon in Taurus, a Full Moon in Scorpio, a Sun-Mercury cazimi in Gemini, and more.
At the top of the show we discuss a few miscellaneous news topics, such as what it is like being in a relationship with another astrologer, whether astrology is inherently discriminatory, and then later in the episode whether knowledge of an ephemeris is a prerequisite for being an astrologer.
For early access to new episodes and other bonus content, consider becoming a patron of the podcast:
This episode is available in both audio and video versions below.
News and Announcements
Here are some news and announcements:
- Our live podcast event at the Northwest Astrological Conference is taking place on Thursday, May 23, 2019, starting at 8:30 PM. Seating is limited, so you may want to get there early, by let’s say 7:30 or so.
- We are going to do a Q&A, and we are currently accepting questions for this. Send you question by email to Chris at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please try to keep them concise so that they can be read on the air if selected.
- Tickets for NOWAC are sold out, although you can contact Laura Nalbandian to be put on a waiting list in case some tickets free up: email@example.com
- Kelly will be in New York City on May 18 to do a full day workshop on progressions with the NCGR.
- Austin is hosting an event with Gordon White titled As Above in Portland on September 14, 2019. It will be a one-of-a-kind night of magic, astrology, ontology, talismanry, booze and food trucks.
- Chris is just preparing for NORWAC. Thanks everyone who sent in reception examples last month! I haven’t been able to respond to everyone, but appreciate each of you nonetheless.
The Astrology of May
Here are some of the highlights of May:
- New Moon in Taurus, May 4
- Mars opposite Jupiter, May 5
- Mercury into Taurus, May 6
- Mercury conjunct Uranus May 8
- Venus into Taurus May 15
- Mars into Cancer May 15
- Full Moon into Scorpio, May 18
- Venus conjunct Uranus, May 18
- Mercury into Gemini, May 21
- Sun into Gemini, May 21
- Mercury conjunct Sun in Gemini, May 21
Auspicious Electional Chart for May
The auspicious election this month that was chosen by Leisa Schaim is set for:
There are a five more electional charts that we found for May, which are available in our private subscriber-only podcast on auspicious elections that was released yesterday.
We finished the pre-forecast banter and started talking about the astrology of May somewhere around 45 minutes into the episode.
Watch the Video Version of Our May Forecast
Here is the video version of our May astrology forecast episode:
Listen to the Audio Version of Our May Forecast
You can either play this episode of the podcast directly from the website or download it as an MP3 to your computer by using the buttons below: