In episode 134 of the podcast astrologers Austin Coppock and Kelly Surtees join me to talk about the astrological forecast for December of 2017.
The astrology of December features a Mercury retrograde in Sagittarius that first stations in a conjunction with Saturn, Mars ingressing into Scorpio, and Saturn moving into Capricorn.
At the top of the show we discuss a recently debate about the validity of applying mundane transits to current events, as well as a separate discussion about the use of “should” questions in horary astrology.
Towards the end of the episode we highlight the most auspicious electional chart for December, which is a Scorpio rising chart with Mars in Scorpio conjoining Jupiter.
Below you will find the show notes, followed by links to download or stream the recording of this episode of the podcast.
This month’s episode is available in both an audio version and a video version, and you will find links to both at the bottom of this page.
Initial Discussion and Timestamps
- 0:00 – 05:45: initial news and announcements.
- 05:45 – 14:15: discussion about Saturn returns in Sagittarius and Capricorn.
- 14:15 – 40:20: discussion about the validity of applying mundane transits to current events.
- 40:20 – 49:50: discussing a recent debate about “should” questions in horary astrology.
- 49:50 – 2:16:10: astrological alignments and forecast for November.
- 2:06:15: the most auspicious electional chart for December.
Major Astrological Alignments in December
- Venus ingresses into Sagittarius December 1
- Jupiter trine Neptune December 2
- Mercury stations retrograde December 3
- Full Moon in Gemini December 3
- Mercury conjunct Saturn December 6
- Mars ingresses into Scorpio December 9
- New Moon in Sagittarius December 18
- Saturn moves into Capricorn December 19
- Sun moves into Capricorn December 21
- Mercury stations direct December 22
- Venus moves into Capricorn December 25
Auspicious Electional Chart for November
Here is the primary auspicious electional chart that we highlighted for November, which was picked out by electional astrologer Leisa Schaim:
There are four more electional charts that we found for December, which we presented in our private subscriber-only podcast on auspicious elections that was released a few days ago.
In this month’s episode of the Auspicious Elections podcast we also answered some questions from listeners about electional astrology, and how to use some of these elections in practice.
If you would like to get access to that discussion, then all you have to do is become a patron of The Astrology Podcast on the $5 or $10 tier through our page on on Patreon, and then you will get access to the 45-minute Auspicious Elections Podcast as soon as it is released.
Watch the Video Version of this Episode
Here is the video version of this month’s forecast episode:
Listen to the Audio Version of This Episode
You can either play this episode of the podcast directly from the website or download it as an MP3 to your computer by using the buttons below: