In episode 57 astrologers Kelly Surtees, Austin Coppock, and Chris Brennan look at some of the major transits and alignments for the year ahead, and give an overview of the astrology of 2016.
This episode takes the place of our usual monthly forecast, although we still touch upon some of the major themes for January.
Since this episode covers the entire year I decided not to include any auspicious electional dates for the month ahead, but if you are looking for dates for January you should read my electional column in this month’s issue of The Mountain Astrologer magazine.
This episode was recorded live in front of an audience of our Patreon supporters through our monthly webinar format, and both an audio as well as a video recording of the episode are available below.
Below you will find an outline of some of the different topics that we touched on during the course of the show, followed by links to download or stream the recording.
News and Announcements
- Austin recently launched a Patreon campaign in order to fund a new weekly column that he will be publishing on his website. Patrons of the column will receive some great benefits and perks, and it is a good opportunity to support some high-quality astrology, so please check it out.
- Kelly is visiting Australia for several weeks over the course of the winter in the northern hemisphere and summer in the southern hemisphere, and she will be leading a workshop on movement in the chart in Sydney January 15-16, followed by presenting at the 2016 FAA International Astrology Conference in Sydney January 21-25. She also recently published a full written forecast on the astrology of next year in the 2016 WellBeing Astrology Guide.
- Chris recently released a new 18-hour lecture on the advanced timing technique called Zodiacal Releasing. It is available either as part of his online course on Hellenistic astrology, or as a standalone workshop on Zodiacal Releasing. The price of the Hellenistic course is being raised from $297 to $397 on January 1, so sign up now if you want to get in at the lower price.
Topics Covered in the 2016 Forecast
Here are a few of the topics we covered during the course of the episode:
- Mercury stations retrograde square Mars right at the beginning of January.
- Mercury is mainly retrograde in earth signs this year.
- Saturn-Neptune square. Exact aspect dates: June 18 @ 12 Sagittarius/Pisces. September 11 @ 10 Sagittarius/Pisces.
- Mars retrograde in Sagittarius and Scorpio. Rx station @ 8 Sagittarius. Direct station @ 23 Scorpio.
- Jupiter moves from Virgo into Libra in September.
- Saturn trine Uranus, especially later in the year.
Video Version of the 2016 Forecast Episode
You can watch the video version of this episode on YouTube:
Audio Version of the 2016 Astrology Forecast
You can either play the audio version of this episode of the podcast directly from the website or download it as an MP3 to your computer by using the buttons below: