In this episode astrologer Samuel Reynolds joins the show again in order to talk about some common religious criticisms of astrology, and what sort of responses astrologers have when dealing with these objections.
During the course of the show we discuss questions such as whether astrology itself qualifies as a religion, whether it favors a polytheistic or monotheistic viewpoint, and whether it goes against different scriptures.
The end result was kind of a broad discussion about astrology and religion in general, which focused on the Abrahamic religions in particular.
For more information about Sam please check out his website at UnlockAstrology.com
Below you will find a synopsis of some of the points that we covered during the course of the episode, followed by links to listen to the recording.
- Astrology is in a unique and weird position where it is often the subject of criticisms from both the scientific as well as the religious communities.
- So we thought we would address some criticisms from both.
- This is a followup discussion to the episode that we did in September on responses to scientific criticisms of astrology.
- A little bit more about Sam’s personal story and interest in this issue.
- Does astrology have any implications for religion and/or spirituality?
- Do the polytheistic origins of astrology cause problems with monotheistic religions?
- Is astrology a religion?
- Is it simply something people take as a matter of faith?
- Does it fill the role of religion for many people in terms of finding meaning & purpose?
- Other criticisms to address from religion:
- Is it against what the scriptures say?
- Does it lead more to fear than to faith?
- Does it lead to worshiping the planets?
- Issues related to free will.
A full transcript of this episode is available: Episode 49 transcript
Listen to This Episode
You can either play this episode of the podcast directly from the website or download it as an MP3 to your computer by using the buttons below:
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:15:34 — 34.8MB)
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Stitcher | RSS | More
Leave a reply