In this episode of the podcast I talk with astrologer Leisa Schaim about the Saturn return.
Leisa and I co-author a blog on Saturn returns together called Saturn Return Stories, and we’ve been meaning to do a show for a while where we talk about some of the interpretive principles we use.
During the course of the show we talk about the basics of the Saturn return, what it is about, and how it is interpreted based on how Saturn is situated in the birth chart.
Leisa has a particular interest in the concept of sect, and how the difference between day and night charts affects the experience of the Saturn return. She recently released a lecture on this topic titled Saturn Returns, Sect, and the Taboo Against Difficulty for sale on her website at LeisaSchaim.com.
A lot of our discussion in this episode is geared towards beginner or intermediate students of astrology who are new to the subject and wanting to learn more about what their Saturn return will be about, although there may be a few points of interest for more advanced astrologers who aren’t familiar with some aspects of the approach that Leisa and I use.
Points Discussed in the Episode
- Defining our topic: what is the Saturn return?
- When does the Saturn return begin and end?
- Why is it important, or what is the quality of this time?
- The wide spectrum of different experiences during the Saturn return.
- To what extent does a person’s experience of the Saturn return depend on personal volition?
- Even though it is often characterized as a time where you have to put a lot of work into something and if you do you will eventually triumph, that’s not always true.
- In the constructive cases it sometimes feels like the thing that you don’t want to do but you know that you have to do, and if you don’t do it willingly you might be forced to anyway.
- In the destructive cases it is something that you are forced to do that isn’t necessarily constructive.
- Interpretive principles for the Saturn return:
- Saturn through the houses
- The houses Saturn rules
- Hard aspects to other planets
- Other houses Saturn is angular to
- Mitigating factors
A transcript of this episode is available: Episode 24 transcript
Download or Stream the Podcast
You can either download this episode of the podcast as an MP3 or you can play it directly from the website by using the buttons below:
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:23:39 — 57.6MB)
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Stitcher | RSS | More
Leave a reply