In this episode I interview astrologer Nick Dagan Best about his new book titled URANU.S.A.: Astrology Looks at the First Planet and Nation of the New World.
The book focuses on three different periods in American history when transiting Uranus was in Gemini, and shows how these were pivotal times that coincided with great changes in the country. For example, Uranus’ transit through Gemini coincided with the American Revolution, the Civil War, and World War II.
The book also covers the biographies of a number of important figures who played significant roles during each of these periods, and shows different ways in which transiting Uranus figured prominently in their natal charts at the time of the events.
The book is available for order either as an eBook or a printed book through Nick’s website:
Below you will find our show notes, and a link to download this episode of the podcast.
- Book title: URANU.S.A.: Astrology Looks at the First Planet and Nation of the New World
- Book was recently released as an ebook and print book.
- What is the book about?
- Uranus in mundane astrology: chart of the US
- Uranus in natal charts: as a transit, or as a natal signature
- Collection of short stories.
- A new approach to writing astrology books.
- Not written like an astrology textbook, but a storybook that uses astrology
- There are a number of things in the book that can be used to learn astrology.
- Not a cookbook astrology book for the reader, but people can learn about astrology through it.
- Payed a lot of attention to the art and illustrations.
- Intended to be a graphic novel.
- Draws on Nick’s work as a biographer and historian.
- All of the astrology stuff is on the right side and all of the historical stuff is on the left side.
- It is a good book for non-astrologers, in the sense that it presents a compelling case in terms of why there might be something to astrology.
- A few examples of what he covers in the book.
- Uranus in Gemini while Venus has just stationed direct coinciding with racial equality issues.
- Book also focuses on other countries: Japan and Uranus in Gemini, Great Britain, France, etc.
- Past Uranus transits in Gemini coinciding with major wars for the US.
- What does this mean for the next Uranus in Gemini transit in just a decade?
- Nick’s pans for the future?
- Has a lot of other books like this lined up.
- Next is first in a series on the Venus retrograde transit cycle.
- Traveling around giving talks around the world.
- Tomorrow night (September 17, 2013) giving a talk at Jewel Box Theater in Seattle.
A full transcript of this episode is available: Episode 11 transcript
Download or Stream the Podcast
You can either download this episode as an MP3 or play it directly from the website by using the buttons below: