In this episode I talk with astrologer Kenneth Miller about the general topic of birth data collection as it relates to astrology.
Much of the show focuses on discussing the debate over whether it is better to use the birth charts of celebrities as examples or if it is better to use the charts of people you know, like friends and family.
During the course of the show we discuss the pros and cons of both approaches, and ultimately try to come to some conclusion about how to best deal with this issue.
General Outline of the Episode
- We begin the show with a news segment.
- I’ve been recording several new lectures on techniques for my Hellenistic course lately, and this led me to gather some new chart examples and explore different birth data collections.
- The main debate is whether it is better to use celebrity charts as examples OR the charts of people you know, like friends and family.
- We talk extensively about the different pros and cons of each approach.
- The issue of rectification and how annoying it is when people use rectified charts as examples.
- Some discussion about AstroDatabank and the Rodden Rating system.
Download or Stream the Podcast
You can either download this episode of the podcast as an MP3 or you can play it directly from the website by using the buttons below: