Episode 427 features a conversation between astrologers Madeline DeCotes and Chris Brennan about astrology and death, where we discuss the relevance of astrology in understanding and dealing with issues surrounding mortality, as well as related topics such as how astrologers cope with grief and loss.
We open by addressing the question of whether astrology can speak to the topic of death, and talk about some of the different ways that it can, both by looking at a person’s birth chart and the charts of people who are close to them.
Eventually the conversation delves into the complexities of interpreting astrological indicators of death, as well as the need for caution, sensitivity, and ethics when discussing such topics.
The episode is meant to provide a broad exploration of the topic of astrology and mortality, highlighting the ways in which astrology can offer insights into the experience of death and the grieving process, and this lays a foundation for doing more detailed treatments of specific subtopics in future episodes.
This episode is available in both audio and video versions below.
- 00:00:00 Introduction
- 00:02:23 Can astrology speak to death?
- 00:08:17 Astrology reflects interconnectedness of lives
- 00:11:18 Multiple indications for important events
- 00:20:05 Mundane astrology and societal events
- 00:23:35 Astrology can symbolize personal tragedies
- 00:28:36 Importance of community in recovery
- 00:37:10 Astrology predicts life experiences symbolically
- 00:40:11 Astrologers cope with death
- 00:49:30 8th house experiences and loss
- 00:54:49 Eclipses can signify major life changes
- 01:00:39 Eclipses and death correlations
- 01:03:40 Loss and grief impact on individuals
- 01:10:50 The study of fate and fortune
- 01:17:30 Ethical concerns in predicting death
- 01:22:01 The need to specialize and study deeply
- 01:32:43 Astrology can help in coping
- 01:34:39 Astrology can provide reassurance
- 01:39:09 Finding meaning in difficult experiences
- 01:45:51 Finding meaning in grief
- 01:51:27 Hope in adversity
- 01:57:06 Empathy as a valuable gift
- 02:06:10 Embracing fate for inner peace
- 02:12:06 Astrology can offer healing
- 02:14:22 Support the Astrology Podcast
Watch the Video Version of This Episode
You can watch the video version of this episode on YouTube:
A full transcript of this episode is available: Episode 427 transcript
Listen to the Audio Version of This Episode
Listen to the audio version of this episode or download it as an MP3: