In episode 364 astrologer Catherine Urban joins the show to talk about the progressed lunation cycle in astrology, and how to use this timing technique to identify the seasons and phases of your life.
We begin the episode by talking about the lunation cycle as a concept, how to identify the 8 distinct phases of that cycle, and find out what lunar phase you were born in.
We then move into talking about how each person experiences different phases of the lunation cycle at different points in their life within the context of secondary progressions.
Each person will experience a secondary progressed New Moon at some point in their life, and this will mark the beginning of a new 28 year cycle which is divided into eight sections based on the lunar phases.
During the course of the episode we talk through a few different example charts and discussed what happened in people’s lives around the time of a progressed New Moon, and then the ways in which there was a culmination around 14 years later at the secondary progressed Full Moon phase.
The end result was a great introduction to one of the most interesting and useful timing techniques in contemporary astrology.
For more about Catherine’s work visit:
This episode is available in audio and video versions below.
- 00:00:00 Intro
- 00:01:42 What are secondary progressions?
- 00:04:26 Phases of the Moon diagram
- 00:06:40 Moon phase in the birth chart
- 00:10:40 Full Moon energy
- 00:12:13 Moon cycle as blueprint for all planetary cycles
- 00:16:30 Waxing vs. waning cycles
- 00:19:20 Balsamic Moon
- 00:20:50 New Moon phase
- 00:21:35 Crescent Moon phase
- 00:22:19 First Quarter Moon phase
- 00:22:44 Gibbous Moon phase
- 00:24:10 Full Moon phase
- 00:25:15 Disseminating Moon phase
- 00:27:50 Lunar phases and seasons
- 00:31:15 Last Quarter Moon phase
- 00:31:35 Balsamic Moon (part 2)
- 00:32:21 Catherine’s natal chart and natal moon phase
- 00:35:10 Chris’ natal chart and natal moon phase
- 00:37:19 Secondary progressed lunation cycle overview
- 00:41:43 How to calculate the progressed moon
- 00:47:30 Progressed New Moon and Catherine’s example
- 01:04:23 Progressed First Quarter Moon
- 01:09:20 Progressed Full Moon
- 01:14:58 Progressed Gibbous Moon
- 01:17:48 Progressed Disseminating Moon
- 01:20:09 Progressed Last Quarter Moon
- 01:24:32 Progressed Balsamic Moon
- 01:30:00 Chris’ progressed New Moon example
- 01:37:40 Steve Martin progressed New Moon example
- 01:42:12 Bill Clinton progressed Full Moon example
- 01:43:18 Dave Chappelle Balsamic Moon example
- 01:53:16 Public scrutiny during progressed Full Moon
- 01:56:32 Britney Speakers Balsamic Moon example
- 02:08:30 Advice for Balsamic Moon phase
- 02:12:38 Benefits of using secondary progressions
- 02:13:39 Catherine’s upcoming course and website
- 02:15:36 Patrons and sponsors
Watch the Video Version of This Episode
Watch the video version of this episode on progressed lunations on YouTube:
A full transcript of this episode is available: Episode 364 transcript
Listen to the Audio Version of This Episode
You can play the audio version of this episode of the podcast directly from the website or download it as an MP3 to your device by using the buttons below:
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 2:18:35 — 127.2MB)
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Stitcher | RSS | More
Leave a reply