Episode 184 features a discussion with Ashley Otero and Patrick Watson about what it is like for an astrologer to become a parent, and some of the unique questions that arise when parenting with astrology.
Ashley and Patrick are both professional astrologers who have become parents over the past few years, and this experience has raised a lot of interesting questions for them in a number of areas.
You can find out more about Ashley at: CosmicSoupBowl.com
You can find out more about Patrick at: PatrickWatsonastrology.com
Here are some of the questions we tried to address in this discussion:
- What’s it like to be a parent and an astrologer?
- Are there factors about delineating a child’s chart that feels unethical?
- Does it feel unethical or risky to predict aspects of a child’s future with astrology?
- Does speculating the probabilities of your child’s (or anyone else’s child) chart carry the risk of unintentionally shaping the parent’s perception of the child’s life and choices?
- Have there been milestone moments when you recorded the date and time that they occurred in order to cast a chart?
- Or does doing so take a person out of the present?
- Have you personally witnessed transits to your child’s chart manifesting more directly in your life rather than their life (such as their 7th or 10th house transits)?
- How does observing the 4th/10th houses of your child influence your perception of yourself and has it helped you decide how to behave with your child/children?
- Have you found yourself able to reconcile differences between you and your children by consulting the composite chart or comparing the natal charts?
- Some astrologers who are also parents might feel anxious about approaching transits that their child/children will experience (like perhaps Mars transits or other character-forming transits from outer planets for example). Have you experienced this, or did you manage to find a way to deal with trying transits, such as the Mars return which happens around the age of two?
- How do you feel about analyzing the zodiacal releasing periods of children’s charts–particularly for career?
If you are an astrologer and a parent, let us know what you think of some of the questions we discussed in this episode in the comments section below.
Watch the Video Version of This Episode
Here is the video version of this episode from our page on YouTube:
Listen to the Audio Version of This Episode
You can either play this episode of the podcast directly from the website or download it as an MP3 to your computer by using the buttons below:
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:36:46 — 66.8MB)
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Stitcher | RSS | More
Leave a reply