In episode 183 of the podcast astrologers Chris Brennan, Kelly Surtees, and Austin Coppock discuss the astrological forecast for December of 2018, and the end of a year that has been filled with a seemingly endless barrage of retrograde planets.
This episode was recorded earlier in November than usual, and it opens with Austin telling a humorous story about some recent Mercury retrograde snafus he ran into while trying to get a new passport, so that he could fly to Australia for the “So Below” event with Gordon White of the Rune Soup podcast (Austin ended up making it).
Early in the episode we also discuss the fine balance between taking astrology seriously but still being able to have some degree of levity about it, or a live and let live attitude with other approaches and people whose views may differ from your own.
Eventually we get to the forecast for December, which features Mercury stationing direct in Scorpio, and lunations in Sagittarius and Cancer.
Later in the episode we highlight one auspicious electional chart this month, a Jupiter in Sagittarius election, which can be used for beginning a new venture or undertaking.
Below you will find the show notes, followed by links to download the recording of this episode at the bottom of the page, which is available in both audio and video versions.
News and Announcements
- Kelly recently launched a new weekly show called the Water Trio Podcast with Cassandra Tyndall and Alicia Shaich Yusuf.
- Chris is doing astrology calendar posters again for 2019, and they are being printed up now! Sign up for The Astrology Podcast Newsletter to receive an email as soon as they are available.
- Thanks to Lisa Ardere for making The Astrology Podcast Monthly Forecast Bingo Card!
- Be sure to check out our rising sign horoscopes for December 2018 for more info about how these transits will relate to your birth chart.
- Chris is in the process of changing podcast hosting, and the podcast should be available on Spotify soon. Also trying to update the feed so that instead of just the latest 50 episodes being displayed it shows the last 200 episodes. This may or may not work though, and I’ll probably be working out the kinks over the next week or two.
Major Astrological Alignments for December of 2018
Here are some of the major transits for December that we cover in this episode:
- Mercury intro Scorpio on December 1
- Venus ingresses into Scorpio on December 2
- Mercury stations direct in late Scorpio December 6
- New Moon in Sagittarius on December 7
- Mercury moves back into Sagittarius on December 12
- Sun moves into Capricorn December 21
- Full Moon in Cancer December 22
- Mars moves into Aries December 31
Auspicious Electional Chart for December
The auspicious election this month that was chosen by Leisa Schaim is set for:
There are a few more electional charts that we found for December, which are available in our private subscriber-only podcast on auspicious elections that was released today.
If you would like to get access to that discussion, then all you have to do is become a patron of The Astrology Podcast on the $5 or $10 tier through our page on on Patreon, and then you will get access to the 30-minute Auspicious Elections Podcast immediately.
- The forecast section of the episode begins at about 55 minute into the recording.
- The auspicious electional chart is discussed at around 1:41:00 or so in the recording.
Watch the Video Version of the December Forecast
Here is the video version of the December 2018 astrology forecast:
Listen to the Audio Version of the December Forecast Episode
You can either play this episode of the podcast directly from the website or download it as an MP3 to your computer by using the buttons below: